[Xen-devel] FW: KXEN Installation Question

NEW MESSAGE:

Update - I was able to do the following Wireless Network Connection - Go to Properties - Avanced and select "Allow other network users to connect through this computers Internet connection and I selected kxen-tap which is what I renamed the Local-Area-Connection3 to. The wireless connection dropped and then reset itself including the Citrix VPN came back but the KXEN-TAP connection still shows a RED X.

Thanks.

OLD MESSAGE:

I am trying to install the KXEN product on my Windows XP Tablet PC and am at the following step:

o Rename the new network interface to "kxen-tap"

o Configure Internet connection sharing or bridging between the

  network and kxen-tap

On to my question, in the Network Connections Window I see four items:

Local-Area-Connection  - RED X

Local-Area-Connection3 - RED X

Wireless Network Connection - LIVE

1394 Connection  - LIVE

Based on the help I was reading at http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/networking/expert/crawford_02april22.mspx, it seems that I have to have 2 LIVE connections not connected to the Internet to create the bridge. So I created a bridge b/w 1394 Connection and Wireless Network Connection. This caused my Citrix VPN to drop and the Wireless Connection went to RED X. I followed the example from the website and tried > netsh bridge show but it showed nothing.

Any thoughts?

Stephen Spector

Community Manager, Xen.org

stephen.spector@xxxxxxx