Re: [Xen-devel] MSI-X interrupts to guests

On Thu, 2009-04-16 at 16:39 +0100, Espen Skoglund wrote:
> > 2a) Attempt to map this to the guest using PHYSDEVOP_map_pirq with
> > parameters:
> > map_irq.domid = guest_domid;
> > map_irq.type = MAP_PIRQ_TYPE_GSI;
> > map_irq.index = vector;
> > map_irq.pirq = -1;
>
> >  => gives an error in the hypervisor:
> > (XEN) physdev.c:61: dom1: map invalid irq 510
>
> IRQ510?  This definitely sounds wrong.  This can't possibly be the
> "PIRQ" assigned to the MSI vector.

It's not - it's the vector itself.  Sadly the code in question (msi-
xen.c) seems to confuse the use of pirq and vector in the variable
names, so I'm not exactly sure how to describe it.  It's the returned
value from msi_map_vector() when called by pci_enable_msix() in dom0.

What is the magic step I'm missing to go from the vector that I get back
from pci_enable_msix() to the value for "PIRQ assigned to the MSI
vector" to give to PHYSDEVOP_map_pirq?

Thanks

Kieran