RE: [Xen-devel] nographic=1 but still have a vga adapter

> James,
>
> I tent to believe that it's the driver in Windows that prevents the
system
> from entering stand-by, since if you'll try the same on a Linux guest,
it will
> go to stand-by without any problems.

A Linux HVM guest? I had assumed it was probably the driver but thanks
for the confirmation.

> Regarding the problem you have, there are 2 options to solve it:
> 1. Use VGA pass-through with IOMMU (should work on some of the devices
with
> Xen 3.4, and a compatible machine)
> (However, i have tried it, and it didn't work on my machine...)

Unlikely to work on my test machine - it's a bit old.

> 2. Write your own basic wrapper driver for the display adapter, which
will
> support sleep. Maybe you will be able to find such driver out in the
web...

I have been looking for a dummy display driver (eg which windows thinks
is a display but isn't really) and I was sure I'd find something but not
so far...

Thanks

James