Re: [Xen-devel] Tools for tracing process switching in dom0

  • To: Roger Cruz <rcruz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: George Dunlap <dunlapg@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 13 Aug 2009 11:38:01 +0100
  • Cc: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Delivery-date: Thu, 13 Aug 2009 03:38:29 -0700

Is this in 2.6.18, or 2.6.27 (pv-ops)?

I'm not familiar with Linux tracing, but I think whatever is available
in either of those kernels should work in a similar way that it does
on bare metal.

If you want to see what Xen is doing, you can use xentrace.  Real Soon
Now (hopefully this week) I'll be releasing xenalyze, which is a
pretty powerful tool for extracting information from trace files.

 -George