Re: [Xen-devel] Vt-d not working with 3.4.1

Dear Pasi,

I went into arch/x86/boot:-

[root@fedora11-x86-64-host ~]# cd /usr/src/2.6.30-rc3-xen/arch/x86/boot/
[root@fedora11-x86-64-host boot]# file bzImage
bzImage: Linux kernel x86 boot executable bzImage, version 2.6.30-rc3-enming.teo-tip (root, RO-rootFS, swap_dev 0x2, Normal VGA
[root@fedora11-x86-64-host boot]# file vmlinux.bin
vmlinux.bin: data

If I go into arch/x86/boot/compressed:-

[root@fedora11-x86-64-host compressed]# file vmlinux
vmlinux: ELF 64-bit LSB executable, x86-64, version 1 (SYSV), statically linked, not stripped
[root@fedora11-x86-64-host compressed]# file vmlinux.bin
vmlinux.bin: ELF 64-bit LSB executable, x86-64, version 1 (SYSV), statically linked, stripped

If I try to boot with vmlinux inside compressed (not stripped), I get the following error:

(XEN) elf_xen_note_check: ERROR: Not a Xen-ELF image: No ELF notes or '__xen_guest' section found.

Panic on CPU 0:
Could not set up DOM0 guest OS

I can only boot Xen Dom 0 successfully with vmlinux.bin inside compressed directory (stripped).

So in summary,

I cannot boot with bzImage and vmlinux.bin inside arch/x86/boot. I also cannot boot with vmlinux inside arch/x86/boot/compressed. I can only boot Xen Dom 0 successfully with vmlinux.bin inside arch/x86/boot/compressed.

Hence I am wondering if there are any problems or bugs with the Xen 3.4.1 changeset of 6 August 2009.

--
Mr. Teo En Ming (Zhang Enming) Dip(Mechatronics Engineering)
BEng(Hons)(Mechanical Engineering)