[Xen-devel] Re: VT-D On An Asus P5E-VM DO Motherboard Not Working, Xen 3.4.1

  • To: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • From: Christian Tramnitz <chris.ace@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 28 Sep 2009 15:47:26 +0200
  • Delivery-date: Mon, 28 Sep 2009 06:48:39 -0700

Christian Tramnitz wrote:
I already suggested that to Michael, but it didn't help.
I'll just stop by the lab later today and write down my BIOS settings for reference. I'm pretty sure I had USB and SATA enabled, Firewire disabled but we'll see.

Best regards,
   Christian

Out of curiosity I did it right away, here my details:

Asus P5E-VM DO (product number: 90-MBB7E0-G0EAY00Z)
BIOS: 0702 (dated 03/31/08)
CPU: Intel Core2Duo 6850
RAM: 8GB (reported as 8118MB)
only extension card: an old PCI (not PCIe!) Radeon 7000/VE that is one of my test cases for gfx passthrough.

BIOS settings
(this is probably with a lot of unrelated settings, but I wanted to make sure the interesting stuff is really there, so I wrote down everything)

MAIN:
Legacy Disk A: disabled
SATA:
- Configure SATA as: AHCI
- HD Write Protect: disabled
- SATA Detect Timeout: 0
AHCI:
- AHCI CD/DVD Boot Timeout: 0
- Ch1 + Ch2: HDD, all other unconnected

ADVANCED:
Jumper Free Settings:
- Ai Overclocking: standard
- all others (CPU Ratio, DRAM Frequency, DRAM Timimg, CPU Spread, PCIE Spread): auto
USB:
- USB Functions: enabled
- USB 2.0 Controller: enabled
- USB 2.0 Controller Mode: hispeed
- BIOS EHCI Handoff: enabled
- Port 64/60 Emulation: disabled
- Legacy USB: auto (Tested with USB Keyboard connected and nothing connected)
TPM: no
TXT: disabled
VT-d: enabled
CPU:
- Ratio Setting: auto
- C1E Support: enabled
- Max CPUID Limit: disabled
- all others (Vanderpool, CPU TM, Execute bit, Speedstep): enaled
Chipset:
- Northbridge
-- Memory Remap: enabled
-- Initiate Graphic: IGD
-- Internal Mode Select: enabled, 8MB
-- PEG Port Control: auto
-- PEG Force x1: disabled
-- VID Function: DVMT Mode, 256MB
- ME
-- all (ASF, ME Device, ME Bios Extension): disabled
Onboard Devices:
- HD Audio: disabled
- LAN: enabled
- LAN Boot ROM: disabled
- FireWire: disabled
- JMicron PATA: disabled
- Serial1: 3F8/IRQ4
- Parallel: disabled
PCIPNP: Plug&Play OS: yes

POWER:
Suspend: auto
Report on S3: disabled
ACPI 2.0: enabled
ACPI APIC: enabled

Hope that helps.
If you have some settings different dont ask me why I made a choice, it was either default or accidental or I intended to disable the specific functionality... but it works ;-)

Best regards,
  Christian