Re: [Xen-devel] XM create issue: Error: Device 0 (vif) could not be connected. Hotplug scripts not working.

  • To: Ian Jackson <Ian.Jackson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: avinash singh <avi2003itbhu@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 20 Nov 2009 20:40:25 +0530
  • Cc: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Delivery-date: Fri, 20 Nov 2009 07:11:19 -0800

Hi Ian,

I posted my query to Xen-user-list as well but I didn't get any proper hack of this issue. Please if you can quickly see the xend.log, you may get the answer of my issue. I have everything installed properly ( udev-devel,bridge-utils, and etc..). I am not able to understand why this is giving me error. I did enough research on that. Please guide me through this. Thanks in advance for your help...

On Fri, Nov 20, 2009 at 8:32 PM, Ian Jackson <Ian.Jackson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
avinash singh writes ("[Xen-devel] XM create issue: Error: Device 0 (vif) could not be connected. Hotplug scripts not working."):
> I am new to xen community. I am trying to setup Xen3.4.2 +FC11 Dom0 environs
> for lennovo T400.  I have installed all prerequisite component for running
> xen and booted it.
>
> while I am trying to create DomU I am getting error. I tried doing googling
> but none of suggested solution is working for me. For more details please
> see below,  I have highlighted few details in bold color just for better &
> quick visibility.
> I feel this is issue with 3.4.2.

This is almost certainly a configuration error.  You should post your
question to the xen-users list, not xen-devel.

xen-devel is for developers to talk to each other about development.

Thanks,
Ian.

--
Avinash Singh