Re: [Xen-devel] Xen 4.0.0 first release candidate / graphics passthru

2010/1/21 Pasi Kärkkäinen <pasik@xxxxxx>:
> On Thu, Jan 21, 2010 at 09:09:35AM +0000, Jean Guyader wrote:

>> > I was just looking at same older mails, and it seems for example Teo En
>> > Ming
>> > and others who got Xen VGA passthrough working had to copy the
>> > vgabios-pt.bin
>> > to tools/firmware/vgabios/ before building Xen.
>> >
>> > That's not very practical..
>> >

>> Right now the code copy the bios from 0xC0000. So if you want to pass through
>> a secondary display adapter with the vga bios you are not copying the right
>> one,
>> that why this hack was for.
>> Surely the code could be modified to add an option to copy the bios of
>> the right card.
>>

> Ok, thanks for the info.
>
> Do I remember correctly that there was a problem with copying the BIOS from
> some cards,
> or on some setups? And that's why the patch to load it from a file was made?

Yes, I think that was because of that, and I'm not sure about the
intel IGD but I think that was causing some issue.
The code could have a cleanup and use sysfs to get the rombios, if I
works with the intel graphic card I think we should do that.

Jean