Re: [Xen-devel] What is the state of blktap2?

On Thu, 2010-01-21 at 14:54 -0800, Daniel Stodden wrote:
> On Thu, 2010-01-21 at 17:27 -0500, David P. Quigley wrote:
> > I'm currently working on moving storage services into their own domain
> > and I've been looking at blktap2. I've been trying to get an image
> > mounted with blktap2 and for some odd reason and tapdisk2 keeps hanging
> > instead of quitting at the end. I haven't removed any of the storage
> > startup code at this point so everything should be as it normally is in
> > xen-unstable. Is this a known bug? Are there some requirements on
> > blktap2 that I'm possibly not meeting? Is there anything in particular
> > that I should be looking at to try to debug the problem?
>
> Are you running pvops?
> Cheer up, after 2.6.23 it's not you but just broken.
>
> The hang you encounter is likely blktap trying to remove a sysfs node
> from within its own callback. That could be circumvented, but it's
> likely not the only issue.
>
> Daniel

So I tried getting the pvops kernel working and it works fine as a
standard Linux kernel but when I try to run it on top of Xen once I get
to Linux I don't have any keyboard input. I'm using the grub conf on the
pvops page so that part of the config should be correct. I'm going to
try to update to the latest version of xen-unstable and of the pvops
tree to see if that fixes anything.

Dave