Re: [Xen-devel] What is the state of blktap2?

> So I tried getting the pvops kernel working and it works fine as a
> standard Linux kernel but when I try to run it on top of Xen once I get
> to Linux I don't have any keyboard input. I'm using the grub conf on the

That smells like inittab..
> pvops page so that part of the config should be correct. I'm going to
> try to update to the latest version of xen-unstable and of the pvops
> tree to see if that fixes anything.

Here is a little script that fixes most common problems.

grep -q xenfs /etc/fstab || echo "xenfs                   /proc/xen
  xenfs   defaults        0 0" >> /etc/fstab
if grep -q ata_piix /etc/modprobe.conf ; then
        NR=`cat /etc/modprobe.conf | grep scsi | wc -l`
        grep -q pata_oldpiix /etc/modprobe.conf || echo "alias
scsi_hostadapter$NR pata_oldpiix" >> /etc/modprobe.conf
fi
grep -q hvc /etc/inittab || echo "co:2345:respawn:/sbin/agetty hvc0 9600
vt100-nav" >> /etc/inittab
grep -q hvc0 /etc/securetty || echo "hvc0" >> /etc/securetty