Re: [Xen-devel] Q on ioctl support in netfront/netback

On Wed, Feb 17, 2010 at 08:19:14AM -0800, ravi kerur wrote:
>    Hi Konrad,
>
>    Using PCI passthrough(I believe it is via config file changes) prevents
>    other domU's accessing the NIC correct? If I use it, would the network
>    transmit/receive still happen via netfront/netback drivers?

No. If you use PCI passthrough then the domU uses the real driver for the nic
that would also be used on baremetal or in dom0.

PCI passthrough for a NIC is only possible to one/single domU, per PCI device.

(Some multiport NICs show up as a multiple PCI devices, which allows you to
passthrough different ports to different domUs).

-- Pasi