Re: [Xen-devel] Q on ioctl support in netfront/netback

On Wed, Feb 17, 2010 at 08:19:14AM -0800, ravi kerur wrote:
> Hi Konrad,
>
> Using PCI passthrough(I believe it is via config file changes) prevents
> other domU's accessing the NIC correct? If I use it, would the network

That is correct.

> transmit/receive still happen via netfront/netback drivers?

If you have two NICs, where one of them is PCI passthrough and
the other dedicated to the guests, then the second can serve as
netback/netfront.

Thought I wonder if you can have the netback in the guest. This
way you could fiddle with your registers in one domain, and export
a network interface (vif) to the other guests from the domain that
owns the PCI device.