Re: [Xen-devel] pv-grub boot hangs when iommu=soft. Booting kernel directly with the flags works

listmail, le Wed 07 Apr 2010 12:53:19 -0400, a écrit :
> "If the 'iommu=soft swiotlb=force' is removed it boots"
>
> but in actuality,  "switotlb=force" can be left in and it boots ok as well.
> From what I've see it is only when having "iommu=soft" added in that
> exposes the issue.

Ok, so the problem really is the combination of pv-grub and iommu=soft.

> I understand that you have communicated that you don't have time for
> this in near future and I respect that, however, if there is something
> specific to try that would shed more light on the issue then let me
> know.

I have no idea off-hand.  In "I don't have time in the near future", I
mean that other people could perhaps have a closer look at the issue...

Samuel