Re: [Xen-devel] Re: [Xen-users] Xen 4 - Page Sharing HowTo?

On 09/04/2010 15:59, "Andrew Lyon" <andrew.lyon@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> ERROR Internal error: Error flushing ioemu cache
> ERROR Internal error: Error mapping page
>
> Perhaps there are hardware requirements for page to disk?
>
> Any idea what I need to do to have memory sharing support compiled
> into blktap2? The combination of memory sharing + blktap2 results in
> this error when I try to start a vm:
>
> using config file "./jos-ts3.cfg".
> Error: Failed to create device.
>     stdout:
>     stderr: MEMSHR support not compiled in.
> Check that target "/mnt/tb1_store/Xen_VMs/WinXP/WinXP.hda" exists and
> that blktap2 driver installed in dom0.

Tbh I think these features are barely even tech preview in the 4.0.0
release. They got little testing and the devs who implemented them are also
off doing other things at least part time. I hope they will get some more
love before 4.0.1.

 -- Keir