RE: [Xen-devel] [Question] vcpu-set before or after xen_pause_requested

Ian Jackson wrote:
> Liu, Jinsong writes ("RE: [Xen-devel] [Question] vcpu-set before or
> after xen_pause_requested"):
>> Is it OK, or something else ignored?
>
> That list seems about right.  Sorry about that.  (It would have been
> better to get it right the first time!)
>
> One question: what about old PV guests ?  Do you care about them or
> can we just decree that they won't support the feature ?

Yes, that's a problem.

How about this solution:
For trigger PV dirver, it's easy to keep same event/node with old, though some
change to 'xm command --> xend --> xenstore' path.
For response state, maybe we can error/warning log to xend.log when timeout,
like 'Timed out waiting for vcpu-set action, please update your PV driver to
latest version'?.
In this way, old PV guest can still work in old way (no bad than before) with
warning message, suggesting user to update their PV driver.

Thanks,
Jinsong