[Xen-devel] Different xen-3.4.3.tar.gz in Fedora RPM

So, the MD5 for the xen-3.4.3.tar.gz I downloaded from:

http://bits.xensource.com/oss-xen/release/3.4.3/xen-3.4.3.tar.gz

which for me reads:

f8d001eb9e08525c451d38deb93908b1

is *different* than expected by Fedora F13 RPM:

http://cvs.fedoraproject.org/viewvc/F-13/xen/sources?revision=1.59&view=markup

which is:

cbe84c44bc156ad1b4a20dc1c73464b8

So, I downloaded xen-3.4.3.tar.gz from fedora mirror (using their
original Makefile for RPM building), and diffed the two versions --
changes (cosmetic cleanup mostly) are innocent, but, hey, why would
anybody do such a thing? After allm we would expect only one version of
xen-XXX.tar.gz, right? Patches should be the proper way for customizing
tarballs for packaging, no?

Or am I missing something?

joanna.