Re: [Xen-devel] Re: Different xen-3.4.3.tar.gz in Fedora RPM

On Fri, 18 Jun 2010, Pasi Kärkkäinen wrote:

On Fri, Jun 18, 2010 at 02:23:10PM +0200, Joanna Rutkowska wrote:
On 06/18/2010 02:10 PM, Joanna Rutkowska wrote:
So, the MD5 for the xen-3.4.3.tar.gz I downloaded from:

http://bits.xensource.com/oss-xen/release/3.4.3/xen-3.4.3.tar.gz

which for me reads:

f8d001eb9e08525c451d38deb93908b1

is *different* than expected by Fedora F13 RPM:

http://cvs.fedoraproject.org/viewvc/F-13/xen/sources?revision=1.59&view=markup

which is:

cbe84c44bc156ad1b4a20dc1c73464b8

So, I downloaded xen-3.4.3.tar.gz from fedora mirror (using their
original Makefile for RPM building), and diffed the two versions --

You can also download the fedora version of xen-3.4.3.tar.gz using this
direct link:

http://cvs.fedoraproject.org/repo/pkgs/xen/xen-3.4.3.tar.gz/cbe84c44bc156ad1b4a20dc1c73464b8/xen-3.4.3.tar.gz

Michael (CC) might know more about it..

Yes, they will be different. I failed to find an offical xen-3.4.3.tar.gz when I built the rpm so I glued one together myself from the git and hg repositories (Judging by the dates of the unpacked tar file I think the official file was created after mine). I have compared the two now, and although there are slight differences (eg. more hg/git files left in the offical ones), they are functionally equivalent.

        Michael Young