Re: [Xen-devel] Re: mem-event interface

> I agree that multiple rings are a good idea here - especially if we want
> to disaggregate and have event handlers in multiple domains.
>
> Maybe the ring-registering interface could take a type and a rangeset -
> that would reduce the amount of extra chatter at the cost of some more
> overhead in Xen.

Well, the trouble is what do units you express the ranges in. In pfns
belonging to a given guest, or in mfns? Either way memory sharing
would use <0 - max_{p,m}fn> rangeset most of the time. Similarly for
teh pager (I believe). Bryan, could you comment on XenAccess? I guess
rangesets would be useful there the most.

I certainly agree that we will have to swallow some complexity in Xen,
to make the interface efficient. Some filters will have to live in
Xen, in order not to generate unnecessarily large rate of no-op
events.

Thanks
Gregor