Re: [Xen-devel] [Patch] use full-size cpumask for vcpu-pin

On 13/08/2010 14:21, "Keir Fraser" <keir.fraser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>> Since Xen discards any CPUs which are not online at the time of the
>> setvcpuaffinity hypercall, expressing "all CPUs present and future" is a bit
>> pointless.
>
> Hm, no, I'm talking rubbish. Argh. Okay, his patch is fine then. :-D
>
> You can check it in to xen-unstable-tools.hg.

One suggestion: that we rename the syctl.physinfo field 'max_phys_cpus' to
'max_possible_cpus'. The 'phys' is kind of redundant since this is the
physinfo sysctl, and 'possible' provides a better hint that this fields
indicates maximum possible supported CPUs now and forever on this boot of
the system.

 -- Keir