Re: [Xen-devel] libxl: link error

Christoph Egger writes ("Re: [Xen-devel] libxl: link error"):
> It is definitely something else. The tools/libxl/Makefile specifies -fPIC.
> Maybe libxc must be compiled with -fPIC, too?

We don't appear to have SHLIB_CFLAGS.  I think that's where -fPIC
should go, and it should be used everwhere where we link the objects
with SHLIB_LDFLAGS.

If we do that then the .o files in the .a's will be -fPIC too but
that's a price worth paying.

I guess this might be fallout from Olaf's LDFLAGS/LIBS patch.

Ian.