Re: [Xen-devel] Performance numbers on PV-on-HVM

On Fri, 1 Oct 2010, Jeremy Fitzhardinge wrote:
> >> Hopefully Jeremy merges 2.6.32-pvhvm to xen/stable-2.6.32.x branch..
> >
> > The problem is that Jeremy's stable branch is sufficiently different
> > from stable 2.6.32 that the port in non-trivial.
> > It would probably easier for him to cherry-pick the last 6 patches in
> > the series.
>
> I tried this, but it is a bit awkward:
>
> Two of them have already been applied verbatim.
>
> The blkfront name patch clashes with something similar that's already in
> xen/next (the version I currently have does xlbd_reserve_minors(), but
> this branch's patch doesn't).  I don't know which version to take.

just take the latest version

> The hvc console patches clash fairly badly with the dom0 ones; nothing
> fundamental, but fiddly.

skip them for now: they are not critical and at some point I'll rebase
them on top of the "xen initial domain" series that has dom0 hvc_xen
support and you'll be able to pull them without conflicts.

> The balloon.c changes clash with the largepage ballooning stuff.

I have reworked the balloon patch on top of stable 2.6.32, I am attaching
the patch to this email.