Re: [Xen-devel] RE: Reducing I/O introduced domain scheduling

  • To: Paul Durrant <Paul.Durrant@xxxxxxxxxx>, "Dong, Eddie" <eddie.dong@xxxxxxxxx>
  • From: Keir Fraser <keir@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 12 Oct 2010 10:18:41 +0100
  • Cc: "xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "Zhang, Xiantao" <xiantao.zhang@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Delivery-date: Tue, 12 Oct 2010 02:19:49 -0700

No, you can't  vmexit on a fence. I don't know whether that matters, so long
as buffered writes get flushed before the guest can observe their effects
(presumably via some kind of I/O read). Agree that generalising the buffered
I/O concept feels a bit dodgy however.

 -- Keir