Re: [Xen-devel] Xen dom0 crash: "d0:v0: unhandled page fault (ec=0000)"

On Tue, 2010-10-19 at 19:01 +0100, sven wrote:
> On 10/19/2010 05:45 PM, Gianni Tedesco wrote:
> > ditto, I suspected a known bug in my gcc version which broke xchg
> > because when I compiled with -O2 instead of -Os... the problem went away
> > but then something else bad happened later (I forget the details, and it
> > was too many config tweaks ago to get back to last time I had it working
> > that well)
>
> Like disabling "Optimize for size" in the config?
> Just tried, didn't make any difference.

Well, I mean I still have"Optimize for size" disabled and it's still
broken.

> > it's clearly one of those fun and subtle bugs :(
>
> *sigh* :(

I am doing a little more digging, what I have found is that
xen_build_dynamic_phys_to_machine() is building a valid looking p2m
table, but later on we get some calls to get_phys_to_machine() which are
outside the range of max_pfn (which Jeremy tells me is acceptable) but
at that point max_pfn is zero.

In other words, it looks like some important data structures are getting
over-written with nonsense.

I will have a think and get back to debugging this when I have a bit
more time.

In the mean time, can you provide me with some info about the machines
you're reproing this on? Mines a brand new dell power-edge xeon thing.

> Regards,
>   Sven
>
> p.s.: someone let me know if i should keep everybody on cc!

Please, that's the convention!