Re: [Xen-devel] Re: 2.6.37-rc1 mainline domU - BUG: unable to handle kernel paging request

Hmmm have you tried do do a lot of I/O with something else as NFS ?
That would perhaps pinpoint it to NFS doing something not completely compatible
with Xen.

I'm not using NFS (I still use file: based guests, and i use glusterfs (fuse
based userspace cluster fs) to share diskspace to domU's via ethernet).
I tried NFS in the past, but had some troubles setting it up, and even more
problems with disconnects.

I haven't seen any "unable to handle page request" problems with my mix of
guest kernels, which includes some 2.6.37-rc1 kernels.

--

Sander

Sunday, November 14, 2010, 5:37:59 PM, you wrote:

> I've tested F14 DomU (kernel vmlinuz-2.6.37-0.1.rc1.git8.xendom0.fc14.x86_64)
> as NFS client and Xen 4.0.1 F14 Dom0 (kernel
> vmlinuz-2.6.32.25-172.xendom0.fc14.x86_64) as NFS server . Copied 700 MB ISO
> images from NFS folder at Dom0 to DomU and scp'ed them back to Dom0. During
> about 30 - 40 min DomU ran pretty stable , regardless kernel crash as "unable
> to handle page request" was reported once by F14 DomU, but it didn't actually
> crash DomU. Same excersises with replacement F14 by Ubuntu 10.04 Server
> results DomU crash in about several minutes. Dom0's instances dual boot on
> same development box ( Q9500,ASUS P5Q3,8GB)

> Boris.

Best regards,
 Sander                            mailto:linux@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx