Re: [Xen-devel] [xen-unstable test] APIC error on CPU[x] in xcp dom0

George Dunlap writes ("Re: [Xen-devel] [xen-unstable test] APIC error on CPU[x]
in xcp dom0"):
> On Tue, Jan 25, 2011 at 11:53 AM, Jan Beulich <JBeulich@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > It's derived from our kernel. Why do you ask, given that the initial
> > set of frightening messages come from the hypervisor?
>
> I haven't been doing bug-triaging very log; but IIUC IanJ's sense was
> that this failure only happened intermittently on XCP dom0 kernels
> (2.6.27.45-something), not on pvops or other kernels.  I don't know
> much about the dom0-xen interface, so I was hoping someone who did
> could take a look.

There is a bug that only happens on XCP kernels and involves the
kernel failing to find its root device, but that's just a race between
block device creation and its readability.

This particular failure is something different.  I don't have really
any good feel for it.  Can someone explain what these CPU counter
reported errors might be ?

Ian.