RE: [Xen-devel] xen-unstable on OL6 (RHEL6 clone) problems

> >> xm and xend are still available (for now), but using xl and libxl is
> >> preferred.
> >
> > But the answer to Fajar's question is NO, correct?
>
> I believe the answer to his question should have been yes (xend/xm are
> still there and should work as before (for now)). You may have just
> come across a bug that was tested. xm is not automatically tested by
> the automated testing system (example here:
> http://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~xensrcts/logs/5680/)

OK, thanks.  Indeed, after setting up the bridging, I am continuing to
have the same problem ("brctl show" complains repeatedly) on a machine
with Xen installed, but the bridging works fine on the same OS (Oracle
Linux 6) without Xen installed.

Will follow up with more info when available.

> > bridging stuff is irrelevant to xm vs xl and must be done
> > even if you are using xm/xend on 4.1, correct?
> >

> The old xen bridge code is currently still in the tree, but it is not
> the preferred use.

Is this commented out and easy to turn on?  Or maybe it's NOT
commented out and is causing the breakage I am seeing?

> > BTW, I ran into this because "xl vncviewer" wasn't working
> > for me so I had to use "xm vncviewer" (which worked).
>
> I believe there was a patch for this recently
> see:
> http://xen.markmail.org/search/?q=xl+vncviewer#query:xl%20vncviewer+pag
> e:1+mid:nxhvjkalvjn2iolk+state:results

Excellent!  Pulled the latest bits and xl works now!  (Still
no networking in my guests though due to the above.)

Thanks very much for your help!
Dan