Re: [Xen-devel] xen-unstable on OL6 (RHEL6 clone) problems

  • To: Dan Magenheimer <dan.magenheimer@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: Todd Deshane <todd.deshane@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 9 Feb 2011 22:18:38 -0500
  • Cc: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, keir@xxxxxxx, "Fajar A. Nugraha" <list@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Delivery-date: Wed, 09 Feb 2011 19:19:52 -0800

On Wed, Feb 9, 2011 at 9:38 PM, Dan Magenheimer
<dan.magenheimer@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> [...]

I believe the answer to his question should have been yes (xend/xm are
still there and should work as before (for now)). You may have just
come across a bug that was tested. xm is not automatically tested by
the automated testing system (example here:
http://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~xensrcts/logs/5680/)

> bridging stuff is irrelevant to xm vs xl and must be done
> even if you are using xm/xend on 4.1, correct?

The old xen bridge code is currently still in the tree, but it is not
the preferred use.

> BTW, I ran into this because "xl vncviewer" wasn't working
> for me so I had to use "xm vncviewer" (which worked).

I believe there was a patch for this recently
see:
http://xen.markmail.org/search/?q=xl+vncviewer#query:xl%20vncviewer+page:1+mid:nxhvjkalvjn2iolk+state:results

Hope that helps.

Thanks,