Re: [Xen-devel] xen-unstable on OL6 (RHEL6 clone) problems

On 11 Feb 2011, at 17:30, Dan Magenheimer wrote:

Finally, since John's post dropped the cc list and I'm not
sure everyone reads every xen-devel message, I'm repeating
that John found that my problem that started all this, namely
seeing this message many times:

/sys/class/net/br0/bridge: No such file or directory

is due to an old bridge package shipped with RHEL6 (and
clones such as OL6).  John's post is here and I can confirm
that I updated to the newer RPM and the messages went away.

http://lists.xensource.com/archives/html/xen-devel/2011-02/msg00725.html

I've kept the cc list this time :-)

RHEL6 has a _newer_ bridge utils , or, I should say, that it has stuff for IGMP snooping which isn't in the base version.

I would hope that by the time the IGMP snooping stuff makes it into the upstream bridge-utils that  it will be tolerant of kernels that don't have the corresponding support from the kernel.

jch