Re: [Xen-devel] xen-netfront does not properly transmit forwarded packets

On Mon, Feb 28, 2011 at 11:52:01AM +0100, Jean Baptiste Favre wrote:
> Hello,
> I got a similar issue with PCI passthrough (only with 32bits VM, 64bits
> runs fine) with only 1 VM which has control on physical network card
> (ie. you NetVM).
Frankly, I do not see much similarity here.

> What if you try to ping from NetVM ?
> I do not see echo reply coming in except for some memory amount.
When I ping from NetVM (or from FirewallVM as well) I can see replies from
Internet fine. In fact I am using NetVM on my workhorse laptop for quite a
few months.
In my case, there is no issue with pci passthru - just the link
between the net frontend and backend does not cope well with forwarded packets.

> I'm working on finding root cause with Konrad Rzeszutek Wilk and Ian
> Campbell. First mail of the thread can be found here:
> http://lists.xensource.com/archives/html/xen-devel/2011-01/msg00866.html
>
> Maybe both issues could be related to each other so that we can join our
> efforts to solve it ?
Once again, this issue looks different.

Regards,
RW