[Xen-devel] Re: main_pcilist_assignable

On Sat, 26 Feb 2011, Kay, Allen M wrote:
> Hi Stefano,
>
> I found xl allows me to passthrough PCI devices to guests even when I did not
> hide them to either pciback or pci-stub (xm has this check).
>
> Libxl has main_pcilist_assignable() that seems suppose to do something
> similar but I'm having trouble finding the callers.
>
> Can you tell me which code calls this function?

main_pcilist_assignable is called when the user executes

xl pci-list-assignable-devices

the function main_pcilist_assignable is in the cmd_table
(tools/libxl/xl_cmdtable.c).
In any case main_pcilist_assignable is just a wrapper around
libxl_device_pci_list_assignable, that contains the interesting
implementation details.
libxl_device_pci_list_assignable is only called by
main_pcilist_assignable, but it could be called before actually doing
any device assignement, for example in xl_cmdimpl.c:pciattach.