[Xen-devel] Problems with guest mouse Was: More issues with xl on 4.1.0-rc

On Fri, 4 Feb 2011, Stefano Stabellini wrote:

On Fri, 4 Feb 2011, M A Young wrote:
On Fri, 4 Feb 2011, M A Young wrote:

On Fri, 4 Feb 2011, Stefano Stabellini wrote:

On Fri, 4 Feb 2011, M A Young wrote:
On Fri, 4 Feb 2011, Stefano Stabellini wrote:

On Thu, 3 Feb 2011, M A Young wrote:
I have spotted another couple of bugs when testing with xl on 4.1.0-rc
and
a xen/next-2.6.38 based kernel.

If I set vfb = [ 'sdl' ] in the configuration file, then I can type in
the
window produced, but the mouse doesn't work (the pointer stays fixed in
the middle of the window). Alao clicking on the window doesn't trigger
the
"grab keyboard and mouse" mode, though I can manually trigger it and
leave
it using the ctrl-alt key combination.

... I cannot reproduce the second one
(however I am using X remoting because I don't have an X server on my
testbox).

Thanks for the first fix. The mouse problem is reproducible over remote X
(ssh -X) and if I use vnc rather than sdl. Do you have any idea how we
might debug this?

Does the mouse work if you just have the console and gpm in the guest?
What is the output of "xenstore-ls /local/domain/$DOMID/device/vkbd"?

The mouse mostly works with a console and gpm - I get a reverse video cursor
which will move, cut and paste, though it isn't quite in step with where the
pointer would be, eg. if I enter the window from the bottom the cursor
appears more to the right than it should be.

If you are getting mouse events in the guest's kernel, I think the basic
mechanism must be working correctly.
Could it be a problem with your xserver?

Otherwise you need to add some printf in qemu in
hw/xenfb.c:xenfb_mouse_event.

I am still having problems with this. My debugging output of xenfb_mouse_event looked the same as a different computer that didn't have the proble. Do you have any further debugging suggestions?

        Michael Young