Re: [Xen-devel] Recent xl and network-route scripts

Ian Campbell writes ("Re: [Xen-devel] Recent xl and network-route scripts"):
> On Sun, 2011-03-13 at 18:53 +0000, W. Michael Petullo wrote:
> > The former pattern is what "vif-setup" needs.
>
> Thanks, I sent out a patch last week "libxl: use full path to vif
> hotplug script script" which addresses this discrepancy.

I think we should _allow_ the user to specify the complete path to a
script, but not require them to.  Your existing patch 1/2 doesn't do
that.

How about something like:

-    flexarray_append(back, nic->script);
+    flexarray_append(back, nic->script[0]=='/' ? nic->script :
+     libxl__sprintf(&gc, "%s/%s", libxl_xen_script_dir_path(), nic->script));

?

> I thought it has gone it but evidently not. The patch was part 1 of 2 in
> a series, I don't think 2/2 is suitable for 4.1 (which is likely why the
> whole series was missed), but the first patch most probably is.

I didn't realise you intended it for 4.1, but I think this is an
important enough compatibility problem that we should fix it along the
lines I suggest above.

Ian.