Re: [Xen-devel] on starting HVM-domU whole system freezes with "soft lockup - CPU X stuck for XXs! [qemu-dm:...]" [xen 4.0, xen 4.1]

On Wed, Apr 13, 2011 at 11:04:04PM +0100, Keir Fraser wrote:
> On 13/04/2011 22:38, "MadLoisae@xxxxxxx" <MadLoisae@xxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > Hello Keir,
> >
> > thanks for your idea.
> > Have installed xen 4.1 amd64 packages, boots correctly but sadly the
> > same issue.
> > I've attached xm dmesg and dmesg from dom0 (and also attached this time
> > missing logs from my last mail)
> >
> > Thanks in advance for further hints.
>
> The logs don't show much, except that dom0 seems to be losing interrupts
> after the HVM guest starts. Do you get more from 'xm dmesg' if you boot Xen
> with the extra boot parameters "loglvl=all guest_loglvl=all"? What is your
> HVM domain config?

Keir, didn't we have a problem with hvmloader where it would call
populate_physmap
and take a very long time when moving the PFNs around? I can't remember the
details though :-(