Re: [Xen-devel] Possible bug in XendConfig.py

Alexander Fittkau writes ("[Xen-devel] Possible bug in XendConfig.py"):
> While poking around in various Xend*.py sources (Xen 4.0.1, Debian
> Squeeze) I discovered a possible Bug in XendConfig.py. More precisely in
> the method to_sxp of the class XendConfig. It exposes an optional
> parameter "domain=None". But further checks regarding the presence of
> this parameter check against member-functions such as domain.getDomid()
> or domain._stateGet() which raise an Exception if the parameter is
> 'None'. The docstring states that this parameter is optional, but
> further handling of it either suggest it is not, or the checks are
> mistakenly made against methods of 'domain' instead of domain itself.

I don't think anyone here is really capable of answering these
questions.  Are you asking because xend is malfunctioning for you (eg,
producing stack traces) ?  Or just because you happened to see this
apparent anomaly in the code ?

If the latter, then I'm afraid we're not likely to fix it.  xend is on
the way out; certainly, it is deprecated in xen-unstable.

> Is this patched in newer versions, can I just add the correct checks or
> will this break something somewhere else?

If you have a change which makes things work for you, which break
without your patch, we're certainly interested in that.

Ian.