Re: [Xen-devel] Re: How to use valgrind to detect xen hypervisor's memory leak

On Fri, 2011-07-15 at 14:39 +0100, hellokitty wrote:
> > It would help if you would post the actual patch you are using (including
> your modifications etc). Also which specific baseline valgrind are you
> using?
> The patch i upload is the actual one i am using , and i just modify some
> lines that do not match the valgrind source code . such as 1608 of "@@
> -1608,6 +1608,11 @@ " , and the version of valgrind is 3.6.1 .

I downloaded 3.6.1, applied the attached patch and ran:
        aclocal && autoheader && automake -a && autoconf
(per the autogen.sh in valgrind SVN)

Then I ran:
        ./configure --with-xen && make
and it built fine (since it defaults to looking in /usr/include for
headers).

I also tried "./configure --with-xen=/usr/include" which also worked.

However --with-xen=/usr/include/xen (as you had) did not work because
the path is wrong and should not include the final /xen (since the
#includes in the code are of the form <xen/thing.h>), although my error
messages in this case were not the same as yours.

Ian.