[Xen-devel] Memory Sharing

Hi,

I'm doing a research project related to memory sharing. In my project I'm trying to share the memory pages in kernel code segments. These kernels are identical.
I have carried out some experiments to analyze these memory pages. Results concluded that no modifications occurs on these memory pages at runtime.

But after sharing these pages using nominate and share functions, 5 memory pages calls unshare() operation just after sharing the code pages.

So my question is, if no modifications occurs at runtime, how could be possible to call "unshare()"?

Thanks,

Harshan