Re: [Xen-devel] Re: improving VNC performance

At 08:45 +0200 on 26 Jul (1311669952), Paolo Bonzini wrote:
> On 07/26/2011 04:00 AM, James Harper wrote:
> >It would be really nice to be able to cut&paste (would require a
> >userspace app), and to fake some accelerator functions (eg block moves).
>
> Block moves are accelerated if you use the Cirrus VGA.  Nothing else is,
> though. :)

Actually we found that it's faster to turn that acceleration off, since
it's not really accelerated --- it'll be a memcpy either in domU or in
qemu, and you might as well skip the (slow, synchronous) emulated
register writes that domU would use to drive the blitter.

IIRC, the Citrix Windows drivers installer sneakily turns acceleration
off on the Cirrus driver's settings.

Tim.

--
Tim Deegan <tim@xxxxxxx>
Principal Software Engineer, Xen Platform Team