[Xen-devel] Re: 4.0/4.1 requests

On 08/09/11 11:17, Keir Fraser wrote:
> On 08/09/2011 10:19, "Jan Beulich" <JBeulich@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>> Hi Keir,
>>
>> without the old IO-APIC part addressed, I wonder whether we should
>> really have the backport of 23805:7048810180de ("IRQ: manually EOI
>> migrating line interrupts") in both trees.
> It does fix a real bug. Perhaps Andrew could hack up a patch to make it
> dependent on IO-APIC version?
Now that I am not racing against a release deadline, this is a
possibility.  It probably means falling through to the "fake an EOI for
line level interrupt code", as the Status bit is RO in the IO-APIC (The
IRR bit is RW but both need updating)

Does anyone know which revision of the IO-APIC was the first with an EOI
register?

If not, I think I have some document trawling to do.

--
Andrew Cooper - Dom0 Kernel Engineer, Citrix XenServer
T: +44 (0)1223 225 900, http://www.citrix.com