[Xen-devel] Re: Dom0 ACPI S3 patches

On Wed, Sep 14, 2011 at 10:28:54AM -0400, Konrad Rzeszutek Wilk wrote:
> > > Excellent. Is it OK if I put 'Tested-by: Adi Kriegish" on them?
> > Sure, go ahead! ;-)
> > Update: No, the system just crashed while writing this mail after about 4
> > days
> > of uptime with many suspend-resume cycles in between... *sigh* :-(
>
> Hmmm.. I wonder if you are hitting the writecombine issue I've seen sometimes.
> Just to eliminate it, can you try 'nopat' on the Linux command line?
Sure. Do you know any way to make sure I am hitting the writecombine issue
fast, so that I can make (kind of) sure everything is working?

> > > You know, I don't know. I just never thought about that - um. I wonder
> > > if it is related to the RTC update patch that I've been meaning
> > > to take a look at:
> > >
> > > http://lists.xensource.com/archives/html/xen-devel/2010-02/msg00469.html
> > Sounds like it could be related. Shall I apply that patch? If so, which
> > hook takes care that the function is called?
>
> It kind of automatically hooks up. If you can apply it cleanly - sure. But it
> might not apply cleanly :-(
It does not apply at all:
first hunk fails because there have been some other includes added.
second hunk fails because there is no more
"#endif /* CONFIG_PARAVIRT_CLOCK_VSYSCALL */"... and this is the point
where I can't fix a bug because I do not know enough of the kernel/xen
internals to know what to touch...

-- Adi