Re: [Xen-devel] [BUG] insufficient quoting between "tap-ctl list" and xend/server/BlktapController.py

On Thu, Dec 01, 2011 at 06:31:04PM +0000, Ian Jackson wrote:
> Philipp Hahn writes ("Re: [Xen-devel] [BUG] insufficient quoting between
> "tap-ctl list" and xend/server/BlktapController.py"):
> > As a quick work-around, the attached patch fixes the problem for me. That
> > is,
> > until tap-ctl changes it's output format.
>
> Thanks, I have applied it.
>
> > A more permanent solution would be to add proper quoting / escaping to
> > tap-ctl
> > and un-quoting / de-escaping  to BlktapController.py
>
> xend is pretty much obsolete now and I don't imagine we'll be doing
> any rework like that soon I'm afraid.

I realize xend doesn't get much attention anymore,
but it's still the only way to use some features,
like: pvusb, pvscsi, remus, block scripts, etc..

So it's good to apply at least bugfix patches :)

-- Pasi