Re: [Xen-devel] tools/libxc/xc_cpuid_x86.c:cpuid()'s inline asm

>>> On 02.12.11 at 07:02, Keir Fraser <keir.xen@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On 02/12/2011 08:54, "Jan Beulich" <JBeulich@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> The question is whether to use that command line option, or whether to
>> correct the inline assembly (besides the purpose of your change, I also
>> wonder why this isn't coded the obvious way, with rBX and rDX explicitly
>> named in the constraints - on 32-bit this may be to reduce register
>> pressure, but on 64-bit it's entirely unclear).
>
> I think reg constraint failures had only been reported on 32-bit. So how
> about the attached patch?

Looks good.

Acked-by: Jan Beulich <jbeulich@xxxxxxxxxx>

While we only got problems with this on 4.1.2, I would suggest to also
put this back into 4.0-testing.

Thanks, Jan

E-mail confidentiality notice.  This message is intended for the addressees
only.  It may be private, confidential and may be covered by legal professional
privilege or other confidentiality requirements.  If you are not one of the
intended recipients, please notify the sender immediately on +44 0 20-8215-3000
and delete the message from all locations in your computer network.  Do not
copy this email or use it for any purpose or disclose its contents to any
person:to do so maybe unlawful.