Re: [Xen-devel] KEXEC: allocate crash note buffers at boot time v

On 02/12/11 16:04, Jan Beulich wrote:
> (Andrew, my previous reply dropped all Cc-s, but I'm re-sending not only
> because of that - I also adjusted the first part of the response.)

> I just had another look at the Dom0 side of things, and I fail to see why
> you think moving this out of per-CPU data is necessary: All Dom0 does
> with the provided info is set up the resource tree. The data doesn't get
> stored for any post-boot use. What am I overlooking?

(for the benifit of the list)

/sbin/kexec opens /proc/iomem and parses the strings looking for "Crash
Note" and pulls the ranges out that way.  (It also assumes that the
lowest crash note is pcpu0 and so on, which is also something I will
work around in later notes changes).

>> +    /* In the case of still not having enough memory to allocate buffer
>> room,
>> +     * returning a range of 0,0 is still valid. */
>> +    range->start = __pa((unsigned long)crash_notes[nr].start);
>> +    range->size = crash_notes[nr].size;
> Comment and implementation don't match - __pa(NULL) is not zero
> (and the cast to 'unsigned long' is pointless afaict).
> Jan

Very silly mistake on my behalf.  v6 is attached with that fixed.

--
Andrew Cooper - Dom0 Kernel Engineer, Citrix XenServer
T: +44 (0)1223 225 900, http://www.citrix.com