Re: [Xen-devel] [Xen-API] CrossPoolMigration

On 19/12/11 08:22, Pasi Kärkkäinen wrote:
> On Sun, Dec 18, 2011 at 09:46:10PM -0500, ruijin zhou wrote:
>> Hi, Guys,
>>

> Hello,
>
>> I recently found the following links about cross-pool migration:
>>
>> http://wiki.xen.org/wiki/CrossPoolMigration
>>
>> http://wiki.xen.org/wiki/CrossPoolMigrationv2
>>
>> I am interested in the research topic of live storage migration. And, I want
>> to build something on Xen.
>>
>> However, in recent Xen release I cannot find any code about live storage
>> Migration. I found the above links, which have a 'to do list'. It seems that
>> it just started.
>>
>> Does anyone know when will we have the code for storage migration?
>>
>> Thank you very much.
>>

> I added xen-api mailinglist to CC ..

Thanks Pasi.

Hi Ruijin,

Storage motion is something that we are prototyping for XCP/XenServer.
It will not be a part of the Xen hypervisor. We'll probably start more
work on the prototype in January, and we'll post details of our
implementation plan to this list.

Mike