Re: [Xen-devel] Dom0 LiveCD

On Tue, 2012-01-03 at 15:10 +0000, Konrad Rzeszutek Wilk wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 03, 2012 at 11:15:19AM +0100, Roger Pau Monn?? wrote:

> > > Cool!
> >
> > We already have most of this working, the necessary features and
> > scripts have been added to the build tools, and when the new xen-4.1.2
> > package passes testing creating a Xen Dom0 LiveCD/USB/... will be
> > trivial. I will drop a line to the list when it is released.
> >
> > > Nothing springs to mind. On the face of it this doesn't look all that
> > > Xen specific -- if you boot the same Linux kernel without Xen underneath
> > > (but otherwise in the same configuration) does it work?
> >
> > Without Xen the kernel worked ok, don't really know what failed
> > (probably I had some corrupted files on my install) a new fresh
> > install didn't show any of this problems, but I completely forgot to
>
> Ah, happy to see this resolved itself.

Yes, great.

> Is you LiveCD/usb available somewhere publicly? Thanks!

We could probably arrange to host it (both binaries and development
repositories, scripts etc) on xenbits if that would be useful. Even if
this is for some internal use (so you can't share it) we'd really
appreciate it if you could write a HOWTO on the wiki...

How do you use it? Are there some pre-canned guests on the ISO or does
it require an HDD in the machine for guest storage?

Ian.