Re: [Xen-devel] Xen 4.2 TODO List Update

On 25/01/2012 14:49, "Roger Pau Monné" <roger.pau@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>>> don't want to install it, but I would like to have the man pages when
>>
>>> building Xen from source.
>
> "make -C docs man-pages" will do what you
>>> want.

Thanks, I've already done this to build them on my system, but I
>>> think
we should provide some easy way for users without latex to build
>>> and
install the man pages.

> I must admit I thought latex was optional and
>>> that "make docs" would
> simply skip those docs if it wasn't installed --
>>> that's what the "if
> which $(TOOL)" construct used in there is (supposed to
>>> be) doing.

If latex is not found, the compilation is aborted:

# make
>>> docs
sh ./docs/check_pkgs && make -C docs install ||
>>> true
=====================
= WARNING: Package 'latex' is required
=

I think make docs should just skip
>>> latex if not found.

I'm dubious whether the latex docs are at all useful these days. We could
possibly just remove them entirely.

 -- Keir