Re: [Xen-devel] 4.2 TODO update

At 10:17 +0000 on 13 Feb (1329128265), Ian Campbell wrote:
> This weeks update. I was away last Monday so this covers two weeks worth
> of updates. I have dropped things which were marked as DONE in the last
> update and added a bunch more DONE (so the list is shrinking!). Please
> send me corrections (especially "done").
>
> hypervisor, blockers:
>       * round-up of the closing of the security hole in MSI-X
>         passthrough (uniformly - i.e. even for Dom0 - disallowing write
>         access to MSI-X table pages). (Jan Beulich -- more fixes
>         required than first thought, patches posted)
>       * domctls / sysctls set up to modify scheduler parameters, like
>         the credit1 timeslice and schedule rate. (George Dunlap)
>       * get the interface changes for sharing/paging/mem-events done and
>         dusted so that 4.2 is a stable API that we hold to. (Tim Deegan,
>         Andres Lagar-Cavilla et al)
>               * sharing patches posted

The hypervisor interface changes for sharing and events have gone in;
there's a libxc-level change (to do with mlock()ing buffers) that ought
to go in before 4.2, if at all.

There's a paging+waitqueues patch that's been posted but needs a bit more
work still; I'll try and look at it on Thursday.

Tim.