Re: [Xen-devel] 4.2 TODO update

On Mon, 2012-02-13 at 11:05 +0000, Fantu wrote:
> Thanks to all developer for good work, I think it would be good to add these:
>
> tools, nice to have:
>       * Add network script stuff for Open Vswitch support

I made a stab at this a way back but fell into the exact sorts of issues
that the "Hotplug script stuff" (already on the TODO) is supposed to
address (mainly the lack of a suitable teardown hook which vswitch
needs). However once that stuff is done I reckon vswitch support would
be reasonably easy to add.

>       * Upstream qemu feature patches:
>          * Spice full support and build enabled by default
>

> About Spice support on qemu upstream, now is not built by default and on xl
> configuration files is minimal. Probably there are also some required missed
> options about qxl graphic needed by Spice on xl configuration files.
> I search on tools/libxl/libxl_dm.c but I have found nothing about qxl now.
>
> In these days I'll try to build and use Spice, and eventually I'll post
> patches about to improve Spice support.

Thanks, I'm looking forward to your patches.

> Anyone got the above stuff already working? Any patches out there?

Presumably the contributor who added the spice support to libxl had but
they had probably built qemu upstream by hand with the appropriate
options. I'm not aware of any outstanding SPICE patches.

Ian.