Re: [Xen-devel] DOC-DAY: WIP for command line options documentation

On Tue, 2012-02-28 at 09:40 +0000, Andrew Cooper wrote:
> On 27/02/12 19:27, Pasi KÃrkkÃinen wrote:
> > On Mon, Feb 27, 2012 at 06:43:10PM +0000, Andrew Cooper wrote:
> >> Attached is an attempt to document all the Xen command line parameters.
> >>
> >> Because of other tasks, (and choosing to document the rather twisty
> >> 'acpi' option first), It is far less complete than I was hoping.
> >>
> >> However, I am submitting it so other people may benefit (and contribute)
> >> going forward.
> >>
> > Related link:
> > http://wiki.xen.org/wiki/Xen_Hypervisor_Boot_Options
> >
> > -- Pasi
>
> Yes - I am aware of that, but sadly it is starting to get out of date.
> The idea of having a markdown document in the source tree is so any
> patch modifying command line behavior should also patch this file, so
> hopefully the document will stay up to date going forward.

A good starting point would be to cut-n-paste that wiki page into the
markdown docs and then replace the wiki page with a link to the
generated docs at http://xenbits.xen.org/docs . This would be preferable
to starting completely from scratch.

Aside; That wiki page's use of "Grub.conf options for Xen" vs "Xen
Command Line" is pretty confusing, I think it is trying to say "Xen
Command Line" and "Dom0 Linux Kernel Command Line" respectively but I
wasn't sure so I didn't want to touch it.

Ian.