Re: [Xen-devel] [Xen-API] GSoC 2012 project brainstorming

On Wed, Feb 29, 2012 at 04:53:57PM +0000, Ian Campbell wrote:
> Below are a few ideas which have been floating around as potential
> projects (or broad subject areas for projects) for GSoC this year.
>
> If you want any more information on any particular item then please ask.
> Likewise if you have any ideas of your own please feel free to chip in.
>
> If you think you might be interested in a project, either as mentor or
> potential student, then please add it to the wiki page at
> http://wiki.xen.org/wiki/GSoC_2012_Ideas
>
> Ian.
>
> TOOLS
> -----
> - pv grub2
> - xapi support in libvirt
> - make xapi use libxl
> - compile xapi on ARM
> - OpenXenManager
> - driver domains
> - PV dbus
> - HA daemon for Remus
> - HA daemon for XCP
>
> PERF
> ----
> - Oprofile

So the oprofile mega patch posted by Michale seems to work. But it is
riddled with #ifdef CONFIG_XEN so not very nice.

> - Linux perf tools in guest

 from this e-mail thread:

https://lkml.org/lkml/2012/2/12/74

it actually seems to work in dom0 - well, there is a bug so not exactly good.

But having the tool to work with dom0 and domU would be super.

Sign me up as a mentor for that!

> HYPERVISOR
> ----------
> - insmod Xen
> - event channel limits
> - NUMA

Yeah, we need that. I think there were some patches posted for that.. whatever
happend to them?

> MEMORY
> ------
> - disk based memory sharing