Re: [Xen-devel] libxl/xl: Support for monitor_path

On Mon, 2012-03-12 at 22:00 +0000, Mathieu Gagnà wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Xend/xm allows you to specify a path for the qemu monitor with
> "monitor_path". This feature allows us to change the VNC password
> without restarting the domU.

Can you describe how you use this path with xend? Do you connect to it
with some client or via xm commands or ...?

> I don't see support for this option in libxl/xl. I wouldn't mind if
> there was an other way to change the VNC password (with the new QMP
> client for example)
>
> Will this feature be implemented, dropped or replaced with something else?

Changing the password should be done via a new xl command, I think,
although AFAICT it has not yet been implemented.

Separately we should decide if/how we want to expose the qemu monitor
console thing. I don't know what the right answer would be here.

Ian.